Sunday, December 3, 2006

My Bday


Yesterday was in fact my 20th birthday. Yes I know I am probably one of the youngest juniors in college but that just makes me so much smarter than everyone else. For my birthday, my girlfriend and I went to Ruth's Chris Steak House. A common misconception of said steak house is that it is called Ruth Chris Steak House and Chris is a name. Well it's not. Ruth is the name of the lady who started it and Chris is actually the way the steaks are prepared. Hence the 's in Ruth's, its Ruth's...Chris Steak....House. Anyways, if you've never been, go...now. It seriously has the best steaks in the entire world. The signature of Ruth's is the sizzling, "1800 degree" plate they serve the steak on. Now I'm sure the plate isn't actually 1800 degrees, otherwise it would light everything it touched on fire...but it is a sizzling glass plate, so it is really freakin hot. Since it is a steak house I ordered steak, there is sea food on the menu but who goes to a steak house and orders sea food...honestly? Anyways I got a Filet that set me back 35 bucks and my girlfriend got a $31 Petite Filet. All sides are a la carte and cost about 8-10 bucks extra. That being said the servings are enough to feed 2 or 3 each. So you really get your moneys worth with the sides. Oh and we got this grilled shrimp appetizer that was lathered in this garlic, butter sauce...pretty amazing. So for desert I got this Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake, "compliments of the chef" for my birthday and I gotta say it is the most amazing cheesecake in existence. My girlfriend got some creme brule, which was fantastic, and a cup of cappuccino...which I didn't drink but she said was really good. All in all, the meal set me back around 138 bucks, with an $18 tip, but it was worth every single penny.

~Aldana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My birthday was just a few days before yours, and I turned 20 too.
But OMFG that's expensive.
I love steak.