Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Music Videos of the Week - The Knife

Apparently I'm really into electronica music right now. I love this band, especially the Pass This On song.

The Knife - Pass This On
Yes, thats a man. The actual singer is the girl sitting at the table, better seen in the next video. And Olof is the first dancing guy, the other person in this 2 person group. I love the way this video was filmed. This video reminds me of the farewell dinner in Russia, when me and the Russian girl I loved began dancing, then everyone else slowly joined in. It was awesome. Dancing is awesome. Even if you suck.

The Knife - You Take My Breath Away

My short term goal(anytime before I go back to Russia) is to have a glam rock themed party. Basically everyone would have to dress similar to the people in this video. It would be awesome. Man, sometimes I really wish my parents didn't wait till they were friggin 40 to have me, so then I could've grown up in the late 70's and 80's, the greatest time period of history ever. Other times I'm glad they waited so long tho, because video games really sucked back then, and I would've been labeled a communist traitor for going to Russia, and then have to be on the run from Patrick Swayze and the Wolverines, his crack team of high school guerilla fighters....yeah I'm feel extremely nostalgic of russia tonight for some reason.



I'm from Barcelona - We're from Barcelona
I had to post this video, as it is awesome. This inspired my "ridiculously festive christmas sweater" themed party that I can hopefully get enough people to do over winter break. And I'd make everyone do family portrait style pictures at some point...I worked at Sears Portrait Studio back in high school, so I am a pro at this. One of my fondest memories of working there was placing the apathetic or pissed off kid in the back in such a way so that the light just barely missed him, making him look like the unwanted step child of the family. Ah, such good times.

No comments: