Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Idle Hand's Are The Devil's Playthings


So, while I wait for my computer to render my 2 sec long animation, I've decided to post some random thoughts. I have no idea why the title popped into my head but in trying to remember exactly what the phrase was I stumbled upon two things. First off was the movie Idle Hands. Its about so guy whose right hand gets possessed by the devil and he kills his two best friends and his whole family, but his two best friends come back to life (i.e. zombies) in order to help him. This movie was memorable because Jessica Alba was in it for her first real role, which consisted of looking smoking hot and having a few insignificant lines. Second, there is a futurama episode where Fry trades hands with the robot devil...thats about all i remember about the episode except its title was The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings, which is a clever twist on the phrase. So rendering the animation full screen was a bad idea since its taken this whole time to do 7 out of the 36 frames. Anywho, so this animation is for my graphics class. Instead of a final we get to make a 10 sec animation, which sounds kind of daunting at first but this nifty little program called Blender makes it super easy and actually fun. The models I'm using for it can be seen in the last couple of posts. I'm really having fun with this animation and I'm going to work on it over the winter break to make it awesome. If I find some way to post it I will. In related news I'm going back home to Maryland for the first time in like 5 months, so I'm really excited. Though I will be leaving behind my sweet girlfriend whom I love dearly. I was deeply saddened when she told me she wasn't going to visit me over the winter break. Because, you see, last year she flew up to Maryland for a week in January before classes started again. It was lots of fun, especially taking her skiing, even if a certain bald, Mormon backed out on us **cough, Potter, cough**** Holy crap it's still not done....what else is there to write about. Oh a good site to go to for you frugal shoppers is Woot.com. It only sells one item a day, unless its a woot-off, but the item is at an extremely discounted price. Sometimes they have crap on there but sometimes they have some pretty nifty stuff. What should I put up as a banner picture....

2 comments:

Hannibal Chew said...

First of all, I'm pissed Emma aint coming up. She has to come up. I had so many plans for us. Secondly, I can't remember why I didn't go skiing with you guys, but it was a legit reason. And when I ate with you guys, that was when I lost my itrip, at Olive garden. Thats probably why I even remember eating there, is cause I lost something so necessary to my existence, and I'm certain that brunette waitress is using it right now. Thirdly, I hate you, I have no control over my genetics. Time to look into hair transplant surgery!

-Potter

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, if you like woot, check out tanga.com. daily deals and cool puzzles to solve.